D. Phil. (Oxford)
Professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Associate Faculty Group Leader, Genome Institute of Singapore
Programme Leader, Singapore Integrative Omics Programme (iOmics)
Blk MD3, 16 Medical Drive, NUS, Singapore 117597
Tel: +65 6516 2760
Major Research Interests
Understanding the genetic basis of population diversity, drug responses, complex traits and common diseases. Integrative analyses of omics technologies in genomics, transcriptomics and lipidomics with clinical and environmental factors.
- Positive Darwinian selection in humans and infectious disease pathogens
- Methodologies for genetic association studies with genome-wide genotyping and exome-sequencing
- Population-level whole-genome sequence analysis
- Pharmacogenomics and pharmacodiagnostics
- Genomic diversity across Asian populations and the implications to public health
- Liu X, Ong RTH, Pillai EN, Elzein AM, Small KS, Clark TG, Kwiatkowski DP, Teo YY. (2013) Detecting and characterizing genomic signatures of positive selection in global populations. American Journal of Human Genetics [epub 22 May]
- Wong LP, Poh WT, Chan SL, Tan LL, Toh DSL, Chia KS, Sung C, Teo YY. (2013) Singapore Pharmacogenomics Portal: a web resource for evaluating human genetic variations at genes responsible for drug responses. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics 23:329–332.
- Wang X, Chua HX, Chen P, Ong RTH, Sim X, Zhang W, Takeuchi F, Liu X, Khor CC, Tay WT, Cheng CY, Suo C, Liu J, Aung T, Chia KS, Kooner JS, Chambers JC, Wong TY, Tai ES, Kato N, Teo YY. (2013) Comparing methods for performing trans-ethnic meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies. Human Molecular Genetics 22:2303–2311.
- Wong LP, Ong RTH, Poh WT, Liu X, Lam KKY, Pillai NE, Sim KS, Chen P, Xu H, Sim NL, Teo SM, Foo JN, Tan LWL, Lim Y, Koo SH, Gan LSH, Wee S, Yap EPH, Ng PC, Lim WY, Soong R, Wenk MR, Khor CC, Little P, Chia KS, Teo YY. (2013) Deep whole genome sequencing of 100 Southeast Asian Malays. American Journal of Human Genetics 92:52–66.
- Chen C, Koh GC, Naidoo N, Cheong A, Fong NP, Yaoyuan VT, Chan KM, Tan BY, Menon E, Ee CH, Lee KK, Ng YS, Koh D, Chia KS, Teo YY. (2013) Trends in length of stay, functional outcomes and discharge destination stratified by disease type for inpatient rehabilitation in Singapore community hospitals from 1996 to 2005. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation [epub 17 Jan]
- Chan SL, Suo C, Chia KS, Teo YY. (2012) The population attributable fraction as a measure of the impact of warfarin pharmacogenetic testing. Pharmacogenomics 13:1247–1256.
- Fan Q, Barathi VA, Cheng CY, Zhou X, Meguro A, Nakata I, Khor CC, Goh LK, Lim W, Ho CEH, Hawthorne F, Li YJ, Zheng Y, Chua D, Inoko H, Yamashiro K, Ohno-Matsui K, Matsuo K, Matsuda F, Vithana E, Seielstad M, Mizuki N, Beuerman RW, Tai ES, Yoshimura N, Aung T, Young TL, Wong TY, Teo YY++, Saw SM++. (2012) Genetic variants on chromosome 1q41 influence ocular axial length and high myopia in Asians. PLoS Genetics 8:e1002753.
- Xu H, Poh WT, Sim X, Ong RTH, Suo C, Tay WT, Khor CC, Seielstad M, Liu J, Tin A, Tai ES, Wong TY, Chia KS, Teo YY. (2011) Singapore Database for Copy Number Variants: a database for common and rare copy number variants in three Asian populations. Human Mutation 32:1341–1349